Friday 15 February 2013

Geese and swans

This morning a quick scan of the marshes as I was getting changed for work gave me another Patchwork tick. I don't think I've been quite so excited about Canada Goose since I was a child in my local park!
The sun came out today so at lunchtime I managed to escape from work and head into the Broads to look for the wild swan flock in the Catfield area. They were easily located on a back road between Ludham and Catfield close to the A149. I took a few photos with my Panasonic Lumix but Peter Ransome with a proper camera turned up shortly after me so if you want to see better photos I suggest you check out his blog here.






The rooks have been at their rookery every morning this week and were back late afternoon but as dusk fell they disapperaed. However instead of going to Buckenham, from the noise just along the valley, they had just nipped along to the rookery behing Thorpe Hall to roost. It can't be long before they start building their nests for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment