Tuesday 12 February 2013

Patchwork Challenge scores

The first Patchwork Challenge results tables are out hereso I have to bask in what will be a brief moment of glory as top of the percentage table for the Inland East Anglia league. I'm a little surprised to be at 75% of my points total after just one month but its fairly easily explained. As I live in the middle of my patch I'm birding it most of the time I'm there whether I'm feeding the sheep, doing the gardening or simply getting dressed in the morning. The result is I've seen almost all of the resident species and most of the regularly occurring winter visitors too.
It can only go downhill from here. There'll be a boost when the summer visitors arrive but then it will be a struggle for the rest of the year. I'll be relying mostly on flyovers and hoping a few passage migrants can make it this far inland. It would help if the next door neighbour would open up and freshen up his now overgrown scrapes which once gave us spoonbill, garganey, wood sandpiper, glaucous gull and breeding avocet from the bedroom window. Or we could always dig our own.......

No comments:

Post a Comment